PAX: 2.5 (jk, 3)
DR PAX: None
- Burpees – 10
- SSH – 31
- TTT – 15
- Imperial Walkers – 17
Mosey to the Food Lion parking lot, the long way.
“95 Theses” Dora: 95 shared reps of the following exercises, alternate running to the second speed bump and back.
- American Hammers (4ct)
- Big Boys
- Reverse Lunges
“5 Solas” Escalator:
- Run to first speed bump, 5 Merkins, back to start, 5 Merkins.
- Run to next speed bump, 10 Merkins, back to start, 10 Merkins
- Rinse and repeat, adding 5 reps at each speed bump, up to fifth one for 25/25.
Bojangles Biscuit w/a Treat: Sprint to 2nd speed bump, walk to 3rd; sprint to 5th speed bump, walk to 6th. Double Fault chose LBCs, 4ct for the PAX to complete 31 reps of. Then return for Dreamliner’s pick: One-Handed Merkins (or Squats once failed)
Mosey back to the clubhouse.
Dealer’s Choice: Penguin Crunches, XOs, WWIs, Freddy Mercurys.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”Romans 1:16–17
- This verse was what “sparked” the need for the Reformation in Martin Luther’s mind, specifically the last part.
- The PAX were encouraged that while effort and good deeds are important and helpful, ultimately those in Christ live by faith and faith alone.
- Dreamliner came out less than 24 hrs post-surgery and did what he could, which wasn’t much. But he lapped everyone else who was still in bed.
- This workout what “Reformation Day” themed, on the 502nd anniversary of the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the Wittenburg church door, igniting the Protestant Reformation.
- So, not really a holiday if one is Catholic.
- The 95 Theses cover a wide range of reforms that Luther found necessary, but the first one is particularly profound: “When our Lord and Master Jesus Christ said, ‘Repent’ (Mt 4:17), he willed the entire life of believers to be one of repentance.”
- The Five Solas of the Reformation are as follows:
- Sola Scriptura – “Scripture Alone”
- Sola Fide – “Faith alone”
- Sola Gratia – “Grace Alone”
- Solus Christus – “Christ Alone”
- Soli Deo Gloria – “The Glory of God Alone”
- November 9th Convergence – F3HamptonRoads 3rd Year Anniversary is just around the corner. We launched on Nov. 6, 2016. We will have our anniversary convergence on November 9 at Mt. Trashmore.
- November Quad P/Monthly Challenge will be Big Boy Situps. Easily done post-turkey!
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Monthly Challenge
- F3 App: Available on Google Play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it and get connected. (Note: The app is a separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same).
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads