Conditions: Chilly, but not abysmally chilly, but not warm at all, but not too uncomfortable, but passable for a workout, but…
FNGs: Surprisingly none!
DR PAX: All cowards
- SSH – 30
- Nancy Kerrigans – 10/10
- Toy Soldiers – 15
- Good Morning – 15
Mosey around the pond and to the clubhouse.
F3 Uno: The PAX played two rounds of UNO, using the normal rules, except for each color played the PAX completed a specific exercise to the number of reps on the card. Also, if any PAX needed to draw a card for whatever reason, all PAX moseyed to the far edge of the volleyball court (where the deck was located). The exercises were as follows:
- Red – Burpees
- Blue – Merkins
- Green – Big Boy Sit-Ups
- Yellow – Squats
F3 Dice (Dealer’s Choice): Before the workout began, YHC asked the PAX to each supply two exercises of which they would not mind doing 20 reps in a row. These were written on a dry-erase die. For this routine, each PAX took a turn rolling the die and all completed 20 reps of the resultant exercise. Once each PAX had rolled, all moseyed down to the pond and around the short bridge loop. Completed a full rotation three times.
- LBCs IC (YHC)
- Leg Lifts (Double Fault)
- Penguin Crunches (Dreamliner)
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before his glorious presence with great joy; to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all ages, and now, and forever. AmenJude 24-25
- YHC is preaching on this text this upcoming Sunday, and so enlightened the PAX with some of his research, namely, that the verb “be” between “Lord” and “glory” is absent in the Greek (a common occurrence), so it could be translated “are” instead.
- This gets at a profound truth, that God’s people do not add anything or change him in any way by worshipping him–he is glorious, majestic, sovereign and authoritative whether or not they declare it; rather, they change themselves by putting themself more in line with the truth/reality.
- Dreamliner won the first game of UNO incredibly fast, without having to (or being forced to) draw a single card.
- There were complaints about the loaded or potentially loaded status of YHC’s dry erase dice. If it is loaded, YHC did a very poor job of it.
- Dry erase dice are a great tool for randomizing workouts–available at your local Dollar Tree!
- Dreamliner claimed to have “taken” Penguin Crunches from YHC during Dealer’s Choice Mary, but little did he (or anyone know) that Penguin Crunches is not YHC’s “go-to,” LBCs are. However, LBCs are often utilized during workouts which disinclines YHC to repeating them.
- There was some discussion post-COT about the nature of randomness.
- Quad P for the month is a Weight Loss/maintenance challenge, based on percentage of a personally-set goal, so everyone’s a contender! It’s not took late to jump in!
- Come on out to Ironclad on January 18th for a special Birthday Q with even more fun, and more games!
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Anyone can sign up at any time! We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: Monthly Challenge, aka “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority”
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads