Conditions: An idyllic sunny & 76 degrees to celebrate ‘Merica’s 243rd Birthday
PAX: 14 hearty & strong
DR PAX: None (unless Snowman counts?)
- SSH (IC) – 17
- TTT (IC) – 7
- Michael Phelps (IC) – 6
- Bobby Hurley – 7
- Burpees OYO – 4
Mosey to practice field.
Do-Ah-Diddy: Similar to an Indian Run, all PAX run single file, 1st PAX drops out for 17 CDDs, catches up to the rear when done and yells “FREEDOM!” to signal first PAX to drop out, rinse/repeat until all complete CDDs.
AMRAP: Partner runs length of field & back; remaining PAX does As Many Reps As Possible of the following exercises, then switch with partner on return:
- HR Merkin
Divide each pair of PAX into teams for…
F3 Ultimate: Normal ultimate rules, on turnover do 7 squats, then 6, 5, etc. until zero, or a point is scored.
Mosey to flags.
EMOM: Every Minute on the Minute PAX complete 17 American Hammers (2ct), 7 Merkins, 6 WWIIs (after one round added in 4 Big Boys).
Finish out with AMRAP LBCs
Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.1 Peter 2:16
- Considering the date/holiday, YHC reminded the PAX of the freedom Americans have, and what should be done with it.
- The image here is of a prisoner given freedom, who then goes back to a life of crime. Is he really free? Is he using his freedom well?
- YHC reminded the PAX that if in Christ, they are free, and they should use that freedom not for self-interest but to serve God and others.
- The Do-Ah-Diddy had the exact intended consequence of inspiring patriotism and chuckles as HIMs yelled “FREEDOM!” over and over.
- YHC brought some bandanas to divide teams up for Ultimate. They were not purchased specifically for the occasion, but specialized equipment from YHC’s job as youth pastor.
- F3 Ultimate teams were initially unbalanced because of a miscalculation on YHC’s part. That was remedied after 3 unanswered scores.
- Doomsday reportedly “minored in ultimate frisbee” in college, and it showed.
- The odd numbering (keeping with the July 4th theme) made for some funny miscounts on the part of most PAX.
- Quad P this month is to post at as many AOs as possible.
- Colonial 200 sign-ups are still ongoing (see Facebook group).
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Monthly Challenge
- F3 App: Available on Google Play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it and get connected. (Note: The app is a separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same).
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads