FNGs: Market (Bryan)
- SSH – 30
- TTT – 15
- Grady Corn – 10
- Pickle Pounders – 10
- Imperial Walkers – 10
Ring Around the Rosie – one lap around the rose garden.
“Grand Tour” – The PAX moseyed between various notable locations around the AO, stopping for pain station depending on the terrain available:
- At the Rose Garden and then the War Museum: 25 each of HR Merkins, Big Bois, Squats ON Q
- At the bridge: 25 each of Irkins, Negative Leg Lifts, Step Ups.
Upon arriving at Fort Fun proper (aka the playground), the PAX completed the following routine:
AMRAP: One PAX does 10 Pull-ups while the other PAX are assigned on of the following exercises. Once the pulling-up PAX finishes, he relieves the next person, etc. etc. for two rounds:
- Abyss Merkins
- American Hammers
- Assisted Squats
Mosey back to the flags and past to the gazebo to continue you the Grand Tour.
At the gazebo: 25 each of Irkins, Negative Leg Lifts, Step Ups.
1:20 Chillcut Plank.
Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.John 14:1
- Believe ≠ mere intellectual assent (“I believe in ghosts”).
- Believe = TRUST = active thing built on a relationship, experience, and intentional engagement.
- Believe in God/Jesus = TRUST in God/Jesus.
- The original intention was to do a full round / grand tour of the AO, but YHC was informed by several PAX arriving from a different direction that the Park Ranger was already parked in preparation to preclude our perpetration of impermissible park interloping.
- Welcome to FNG Bryan aka Market who evaded much less flattering grocery-related nicknames.
- One PAX had some weapons-grade flatulence early on. Someone requested he “lay down some cover fire” later on in the beatdown.
- Musket introduced a welcome reminder that many of our problems would be solved by just losing some weight.
- Approximately 2 miles put in for Quad P.
- The Quad P monthly challenge for February is 1 mile per day. See the link below for full details.
- Two New AOs recently started up:
- Boardwalk – Fridays, 6pm @ Hillier Ignite Park in VB; run/ruck focused.
- Blackwater – Fridays, 5:30am @ Western Branch HIGH School; reruns of old Iron Pax Challenge workouts.