Conditions: Cold, icey, wet, FUN
FNGs: That would be something
DR PAX: That would also be something
First, put in headphones and set podcasts up.
- SSHs, IC – 30
- In the hopes that someone else would pull up.
Mosey around the pond to the tennis courts. Try not to die by slipping on black ice.
YHC has been trying to get to 1,000 Merkins per day (currently at 525), and Quad P this month is Big Boys, so sets of 40 Merkins and 20 Big Boys were completed 13 times, with a lap around the tennis court for a break between each set. Resulted in a total of 520 Merkins and 260 Big Boys (plus 5 Merkins thrown in at the end).
YHC thinks 260 Big Boys counts.
…in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches.2 Corinthians 11:27–28
- YHC looked this up afterward.
- YHC listened to several podcasts over the course of the workout:
- The Gospel Coalition podcasts on gospel contextualization, that is, how to change the presentation method (NOT THE CONTENT) of the gospel to make it understandable to various groups, and how some groups have contextualized it without realizing it.
- NPR’s Shortwave, on why people seek out scary or thrilling experience (e.g. haunted houses). Short answer: some people don’t produce as much cortisol in high-stress situations, and instead produce dopamine. Those people are weird.
- Quad P for the month is Big Boy Sit-Ups. Scully is creeping up on YHC. YHC does not like it.
- Thanksgiving Convergence – 11/28, 7-8am @ Bear Country