27 PAX (the largest ever in F3 Hampton Roads) gathered on Memorial Day to perform the Murph in memory of Michael Patrick “Murph” Murphy and all others who given their lives in service to our country.
Warmarama: Side straddle hops, Michael Phelps, Imperial walkers, through-the-tunnel.
The Murph: 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups (merkins), 300 squats, 1 mile run, performed with a 20 lb. weighted vest.
Workout is named after Michael Patrick “Murph” Murphy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy). Murphy was killed on 28 June 2005 after he left his cover position and went to a clearing away from the mountains, exposing himself to a hail of gunfire in order to get a clear signal to contact headquarters for relaying the dire situation and requesting immediate support for his team. In 2013, the story was told by the movie “Lone Survivor.”
Circle of Trust (COT)
Priorities delivered the COT focused on remembering the men and women who have given their life for the freedoms we enjoy in the country.
Post for the guy beside you.
Ball of Man (#BOM)
- The amazing numbers that showed up this morning led to two audibles by YHC to figure out the most efficient way to get everyone onto the pull-up bars.
- The weather was absolutely perfect.
- The final two groupings of runners was really neat to see. Every PAX looped back for six.
- Mango came out of the starting line hot this morning. He was booking it the first lap.
- Huge shoutout to the PAX in weighted vests (Yoast, Gunner, White Water, and Stick/Bobber). The vest adds another level of difficultly.
- The discussion topics after the workouts were very manly, including throw pillows and crock pots.
- The 1 Million Burpee Challenge by F3 Chattanooga is ongoing. Currently this region is in 14th place. You can see the standings and log your burpees (individually or for a workout you Q) at this link.
- The Daily Quarantine Challenge will continue through the month of May. See the Quad P link below.
For full instructions on COVID-19 operations within F3 Hampton Roads check out https://f3rva.org/2020/04/03/covid-19-update/.
Summary: F3 Hampton Roads has opportunities (including virtually) available for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith during this time. We encourage you to plug-in while making the decision that is best for your family and community.
- Fitness: Completely virtual workouts and outdoor workouts at our standard AO locations practicing vigilant social distancing. See below for links and details.
- Fellowship: Virtual fellowship events on the second Thursday of every month at 8:00 p.m. #2ndThrusday2ndF. Next up: Thursday, April 9. More dates may be added according to attendance.
- Faith: Virtual mental check-in on the first and third Mondays of the month at 8:00 p.m. and a #NoPAXLeftBehid initiative to meet the needs within and outside this community.
For all virtual gatherings (1stF, 2ndF, and 3rdF), the link to join is https://zoom.us/j/884657155.
For cyber-security reasons, the meeting requires a password. Text 336-817-1793 or e-mail [email protected] for password.
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Daily/Monthly Challenge
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads