15 PAX for the Memorial Day Murph #TakeTheChallenge at Western Branch High School.
The Workout: 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 squats, 1 mile run.
Four Divisions (All divisions have 1 mile run on each end):
- As prescribed with 20 lb. weighted vest.
- As prescribed with no vest.
- Pull-ups, push-ups, and squats are broken down into 10 sets of 10, 20, 30.
- Same as 3, but with burpees instead of pull-ups.
Workout is named after Michael Patrick “Murph” Murphy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy). Murphy was killed on 28 June 2005 after he left his cover position and went to a clearing away from the mountains, exposing himself to a hail of gunfire in order to get a clear signal to contact headquarters for relaying the dire situation and requesting immediate support for his team. In 2013, the story was told by the movie “Lone Survivor.”
Circle of Trust (COT):
Counterama and name-o-rama
We have freedom in this country that we do not derserve, but are born into. That freedom was bought by the sacrifice of our service men and women and their families. May we never forget.
Ball of Man (BOM) around active duty, veterans, and their immediate family.
Thursday at QuackQuackHonk will be Airwolf’s last post. Show your support before he deploys.
Colonial 200 Relay (http://www.colonial200.com/). September 13-14. Let Cowboy know if you are interested.
F3 Important Links:
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Utp_HFAXLbCkhlUYR2F5oOdlp-HTjwlbLmYErn6g3Zc/edit?usp=sharing
- QuadP (Monthly Challenge). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-R0I0BO-L6Xrl4m1i8kqlbzloGbPdvRmkLwbwyASunU/edit?usp=sharing
- F3 App: Available at Google play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it. Get connected. (Note: Separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same.
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads