Quackquackhonk had a strong showing this morning with 3 PAX despite 3 regulars (Deflator, Priorities, Dreamliner) being downrange.
Warmarama: 30 sec each for 3 rounds. Increasing speed each round. Jog, SSH, Heisman, 123-123, Butt Kicks, High knees, Mummy Kicks.
The Thang: YHC kept same theme as Tuesday with the Insanity Plyometric workout. 12 exercises, 60 sec each. No scheduled breaks.
- Suicide Drills – Run a few feet side to side, turning inward and touching ground each side.
- Power Squats – Squat then power up out of it.
- Mountain Climbers – Reaching up alternating hands while doing high knees. Elbow should meet knee same side.
- Ski Down – Feet and knees together with knees bent, jump side to side while swinging arms as if using ski poles.
- Football Wide Sprints – Wide stance sprint in place. When prompted turn right, front, left, front, shuffle right, left, back. Drop to floor and set the sprint.
- Level 1 Drills – Drop to plank and do 4 Merkins then 8 floor sprints then jump up.
- Ski Abs – Plank position feet together, bring feet toward right shoulder, jump back then bring feet to left shoulder.
- In-Out Abs – Plank position, bring feet in toward chest and back out.
- Jabs – Wide stance knees bent, alternate between right and left hand.
- Cross Jacks – YHC just realized we didnt do this one. We did right and left crosses in wide stance.
- Uppercuts – Same wide stance, alternate between right and left uppercuts
- Attacks – Same wide stance, open palm jabs straight out.
COT: YHC shared another daily devotional titled “Rooted”. Colossians 2:6-7 “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.”
Summary – The results of not having DEEP spiritual roots are that worry, fear, anxiety, stress, guilt, shame, resentment, bitterness, and more show up in your life. Paul tells us we should be “rooted” in God – rooted in His Word, rooted in love, rooted in faith, rooted in hope. Jesus told a parable about seeds falling to the ground. Some of the seeds never developed deeo roots, so they withered away once they encountered problems (Matthew 13:6). To develop DEEP spiritual roots you’ve got to spend time with God, and you’ve got to spend time with other believers. You can learn from other Christians as you encourage each other and your roots grow deeper. F3 serves as a big part of that for all of us. The devotional ends with the following: But if your not spending time with God daily, you’re going to dry up and blow away when the pressure of life is on. There is no substitute for time alone with God in the Christian life. Whatever it takes to keep the focus on God, do it!