Conditions: Sweater weather but not for the HIMs
- SSH – 30
- Michael Phelps – 10
- TTT – 10
- Helicopters – 10
- Hillbilly Walkers – 10
Grab coupons and mosey to PNC parking deck, top floor.
Block-a-dock (mod): Pick coupon up, put on “dock,” drop for burpee. Pick it back up and put it down. Rinse/repeat for 5 reps, then mosey to far side of parking deck. Rinse/repeat with 4 reps, then 3, then 2, then 1.
Clearance Shopping – Mosey with coupon to corner, at each corner do the following sets of exercises, 25 reps each.
Round 1 – Legs (IC)
- Toe Taps
- Lateral Step-Overs
- Bulgarian Split Squats
- At return to starting corner, Bonnie Blairs until a PAX completes 25.
Round 2 – Arms (on Q)
- Bench Press
- At return to starting corner, Overhead Press until a PAX completes 25.
Chatty Dora – Partner up, one PAX runs to far wall while other completes the following exercise, then switch. Repeat for the designated number of runs:
- Hand Release Merkins – 1 run
- Goblet Squats – 2 runs
- Big Boi Sit-ups – 3 runs
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.Isaiah 43:19
- In Scripture, the wilderness is often when/where God starts to do a new, great work.
- In this New Year that for many might seem like a wilderness, YHC encouraged the PAX to consider how God might be using this time to start renewal so that they can not just survive it, but begin to thrive from it.
- Theme for the day was the post-Christmas retail engagement most have to endure, e.g. returning unwanted gifts (Block-a-dock), seeking out clearance sales, and the obligatory “So how was your Christmas?” (Chatty Dora).
- Les Mis’s name came from the miserable year he has endured (his senior year/first semester of college being significantly impacted by COVID-19), his propensity for the French language, and his laudable splashing of merlot at his very first post.
- He and Derby together comprise 2/3 of Wicked’s 2.0s.
- Bulgarian Split Squats were an interesting affair because of the difficulty of nailing the foot placement on a coupon.
- Additionally, during the third set YHC made them extra Bulgarian by substituting the Bulgarian phrase for “Good day,” Dobra den, instead of the usual cadence count.
- The anticipation is building for the impending utilization of the long-expected parking garage and green space connected to the new Ferguson building.
- January Quad P is Weight Loss. You v. You. Set your own goal, track your progress. Talk to Marvel/YHC if you have questions.
- Funny Car mentioned that Jan 16 he is considering going down to Charleston for the Nantan handover from Dredd to Savage. Let Funny Car know if you would like to join him.
- Hitting for the Cycle – New F3HR Challenge. Consists of posting 8 times in 8 days (Sat–Sat) then posting the following week at the other AOs not previously achieved. Talk to Funny Car or visit the FB page for more info.