Conditions: Humidity below 70%, so not half bad
PAX: 12 NICE
- A. I am not a professional.
- B. You are participating at your own risk
- C. You are responsible for your own well-being
- D. You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- E. Know your limits and do the best you can
- SSH – 25 IC
- Arm Circles – 10/10 IC
- TTT – 10 IC
- Mountain Climbers – 15 IC
Discussed calling two-minute and one-minute warnings before workout, mumble chatter, how to call an exercise, and how to count.
- “The Next Exercise is _______”
- “Starting Position … Move”
- “In Cadence [or On My Count, or On Your Own (OYO)]… Exercise”
Q: 1,2,3; PAX: 1; Q: Last rep higher inflection. PAX: “Halt;” Recover
Mosey to Food Lion, the short way.
Six stations around the strip mall: hold exercise while truth nugget was dropped on PAX, followed by exercise, followed by sprint.
- Level 1. Plank, Merkins
It’s not about YOU.
- Level 2. Al Gore, Squats
Actually PLAN your Workout
- Level 3. 6 inches, Big Boi Situps
If you can’t DO IT, you can’t Q IT (Do not “clipboard” in F3). Q must be able/willing to do anything you call; ≠ “first,” but proper form.
- Level 4. Plank, Alternating shoulder taps
Better to have too MUCH than not ENOUGH
- Level 5. Al Gore, Lunges
Always wear a WATCH (We start and end on-time. End time is the end of the workout and not the end of COT. Cutting workout short if several FNGs is okay but should not be the norm.)
- Level 6. 6 inches, American Hammers
NEVER Leave a Man Behind (bedrock principle of F3. We start together/finish together. If many PAX, assign a “sweeper” to this.)
Circle of Pain: PAX take turns counting out ten of the exercise, while all other PAX do AMRAP until their turn to count 10. Merkins, Squats.
- Focus here is on Mumble Chatter, Morale, and Camaraderie.
- Praise individually and critique as a group.
- Discussed Paying Attention to the PAX:
- Engage the PAX
- LOOK at the Pax
- Demonstrate when needed
- Don’t be afraid to audible if workout isn’t working for the PAX.
PAX practice “How to call an exercise” and “How to Count.” by repeating the same round the Circle of Pain, with each PAX calling 10 LBCs IC.
Banana/Boat. Switch when each PAX repeats something learned.
1 minute of AMRAP LBCs
“Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness”James 3:1
- Teachers must hold themselves to a higher standard.
- The Q is not simply the leader of the workout.
- The Q is responsible for the outcome.
- Goal: 10 post “rule.” Q before your 10th post. Backblasts (template)
- 240 LBCs completed + whatever accomplished during AMRAP minute
- Mumble chatter was strong though YHC will admit he did not pick up on it due to focusing on his Weinke/the Q School
- Focus was so intense, YHC did not even activate a workout on his fitness tracker until 0600.
- The 2020 Iron PAX Challenge is coming in September. Week 0 to be completed this week. Pre-registration and information can be found at this link.
- F3 10th Anniversary extravaganza is coming Jan ‘21