4 PAX descended onto Duck-Duck-Goose enthusiastic and relaxed from the extended 4th of July holiday weekend. The weather was 75 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze.
• SSH 25 IC 4ct
• Ballerinas 20 IC 4ct
• Michael Phelps 15 IC 4ct
• Arm Circles 15 Fwd / 15 Bwd IC 4ct
Following Warmarama, YHC got the festivities started with a mosey around DDG pound. Coming around the final turn PAX took a slight detour over the Bear Crawl toll bridge, to avoid scaring Todo. Once finished, YHC gathered PAX at the nearest bench to explain the C.L.I.M.B. routine.
• C.L.I.M.B: C = Crab cake…L = Lunge…I = Iron Cross…M = Mountain Climber…B = Burpee. Number each exercise and ladder up through each rotation: round 1= 1C,2L,3I,4M and 5B, round 2= 2,4,6,8,10, round 3= 3,6,9,12,15 until exhaustion sets in.
After completing a CLIMB round, PAX sprinted to the next bench along the path to continue the next round. PAX made it through round 5, then wrapped up with a double dose of round 1 & 2. Following the completion of the Ascent, YHC instructed PAX on proper execution of the No Surrender Indian Plank.
• No Surrender Indian Plank: The entire PAX holds the full plank position. Starting in the down/rest position, Q gives the “up” signal and everyone assumes the full plank. The PAX at the rear then completes 5 no-surrenders, returns to the full, up, plank position, and gives the “down” signal. After a brief (approx. 5 second) rest, Q again gives the “up” signal, and the next PAX completes their no-surrenders. This continues until everyone had completed their no-surrenders.
PAX completed 4 rounds of No Surrender Indian Planks and between each round PAX again sprinted to the nearest bench. Next, we recovered to the flag and completed a set of ab exercises to closeout the workout.
• BBS 20 IC 4ct
• LBCs 20 IC 4ct
• Freddy Mercury’s 20 IC 4ct
• Held 6 inches for 30 seconds
YHC read from scripture Micah 6:8;
But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously— take God seriously.
It is important not to get overwhelmed with life but to be overwhelmed with God and his word. This past weekend I made the decision not to take life to seriously and allowed my daughters to express themselves through art. Yes, they painted my toes and I am not ashamed to admit it. I just wish they could have picked blue.