Conditions: Muggy with some soggy ground.
PAX: 3 (Dreamliner was a tad tardy)
DR PAX: None
- SSH – 26 (YHC was still waking up and didn’t stop at 25)
- Through the Tunnel – 20
- Helicopters – 15
- Michael Phelps – 10
- Burpee OYO – 5 (+ some extra credit so Dreamliner could catch up)
Plank-Off: All PAX attempt longest plank possible. When done, run to wall and back, do set of 50 LBCs.
Mosey to pond.
Full-Body 5k: All PAX perform 25 reps of one exercise then mosey one lap around pond, rinse/repeat for two more exercises to make 3.12mi/5k. During exercises, focus on form to get a nice, full rep in each time.
- Arms: Merkins
- Legs: Squats
- Core: Big Boys, modified to one-half-lap between sets, with final set performed back at flags.
Finished up just in time for a set of 5 Intentional Thinkers, in cadence.
But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!James 2:18–19
- Often there is such an emphasis on believing/knowing that people will forget that what one knows is displayed by how one acts. Therefore, YHC encouraged the PAX that their actions should reflect what they know/believe.
- YHC got tired of Qs not including Planks, or at least time for planks, in the workout; Dreamliner confirmed it would be terribly convenient to have that challenge out of the way before breakfast.
- While the 5k did not take the form YHC initially intended, Dreamliner confirmed that the equivalent distance was performed.
- Mumble chatter topics were all over the place: commercials for drugs that help to quit smoking, the fact that Dreamliner’s right arm is slightly less optimistic than his left, his past attempts to rehabilitate pessimistic appendages. Made for a lot of fodder for a backblast title.
- Father’s Day Workout next Sunday, 6:30-7:45. See Space Monkey if interested in Q-ing a portion of the workout.
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- Quad P: “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Monthly Challenge
- F3 App: Available on Google Play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it and get connected. (Note: The app is a separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same).
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads