To the music!
Conditions: Muggy gloom then muggy sunshine
PAX: Dreamliner, Marvel, Two Wheel, Gas Sation, Submac, Bunker, Mr. Universe, Trout, Bing
DR PAX: None
5 Burpees OYO
Tenessee Rocking Chairs – 10 In Cadence (touch knees, squat, back to knee touch)
10 Sweat Angels – In Cadence
Through the Tunnel – 15 reps each way
5 – 8 count body builders – In Cadence
Michael Phelps – 15
10 Star Jack
5 Burpees OYO
Tennessee Rocking Chairs -1) Bending only at the waist, touch toes. 2) Bending only at the knees, drop to a squat position. This should rotate your torso back to vertical and arms horizontal. 3) Straighten the knees, returning to toe-touch position. 4) Return to starting position
Star Jacks – Combination of Side Straddle Hop and Squat Jump usually done OYO. From balled up squat position jump up and spread your arms and legs into an X or “star” then return to balled up squat position.
The Thang – To the music…
Ran to the alternate AO (AKA behind the Food Lion in Carrolton VA) because of the noise. Then we played the songs listed below with the exercise associated with each one.
Thunderstruck by AC/CD
- Each time you “Thunder” do a Burpee (34 total)
Flower by Moby
- Start on 6
- Green Sally Up – Leg Lift Up
- Green Sally Down – Hold at 6 in
- Switch at 1/2 way point to Squats holding Al Gore in the down position.
Roxanne by The Police
– Hold Plank then push up every time you hear “red light”
Turning Japanese by The Vapors
- Verse: Imperial Walkers
- Chorus: Sumo Squats (AKA wide leg squats)
Intergalactic by Beast Boys
- Verse – Side straddle hops
- Chorus – Mountain Climbers
Ran back to the flag for some ….
Dealer’s choice but must be 25 reps
1 Kings 21:25-29 (There was none who sold himself to do what was evil in the sight of the Lord like Ahab, whom Jezebel his wife incited. He acted very abominably in going after idols, as the Amorites had done, whom the Lord cast out before the people of Israel.) And when Ahab heard those words, he tore his clothes and put sackcloth on his flesh and fasted and lay in sackcloth and went about dejectedly. And the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying, “Have you seen how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled himself before me, I will not bring the disaster in his days; but in his son’s days I will bring the disaster upon his house.”
Remember Awe of God
- Gods ways are greater than our ways
- God showed mercy to a many not deserving of mercy
- Ps 103:8 “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.”
- Ohh the music of the 80s and 90s. YHC forgot that the lyrics to so many songs were so very inappropriate. Sorry Trout. Next time YHC will include more universal age appropriate music.
- Lawnboy is heading up the Colonial 200 effort Sept 18-19. Looking for a team of 12 runner and 2 drivers. More details in email and Facebook.
- F3 10th Anniversary extravaganza is coming Jan ‘21
F3 Important Links
- Sign Up to Lead a Workout: Q Schedule (Anyone can sign up at any time! We can help you prepare).
- Quad P “Monthly” Challenge: Pull Ups aka “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority”
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads