Conditions: Snowed, snowing, snowy + slush
FNGs: None, unsurprisingly.
- SSH – 30
- Helicopters – 10
- Finkle Swings – 10
- Michael Phelps – 10
- TTT – 10
Mosey to the Food Lion back lot via the long way.
Burpee Bingo: At any point between here and Mary, someone can call BINGO, and the whole group must drop for 1 burpee. Rules:
- The BINGO must be enthusiastic
- The same person cannot say BINGO twice in a row.
- The whole group must be within earshot when you say it.
IDITEROD – All PAX stop at every speed bump for 5 HR Merkins, 5 WWIIs and 5 Squats. Then mosey to the next speed bump. Continue around the building. At each corner, circle back to the six and continue from there, unless you are the six. Second round: 5 CDDs, 5 Lunges (single count), 5 Jump Squats at each speed bump.
One lap mosey around the building.
Mosey back to flags.
Chillcut plank (40 sec) + 20 LBCs (IC) + Chillcut plank (50 sec)
Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.Isaiah 30:18
- God is merciful and just. He has expectations for us, but he gives grace.
- To wait does not mean we do nothing, it means we don’t move on to what we think is best when things aren’t going our way.
- Title comes from a genuine inquiry YHC had to the pax via text post-workout: “What are the warning signs for hypothermia? Because everything from my knees to my nipples was red when I got undressed…”
- While there was not much snow on the surfaces where exercises were performed, there had been snow that turned to slush. That was genuinely worse.
- Many curses (under and over breath) at each instance of HR Merkins and WWIIs
- Some mumble chatter about the wisdom of buying into AMC or Gamestop stock at the moment.
- A reasonable number of BINGOs were called. YHC would put it at a rough estimate of 15-20.
- COT comes from YHC’s youngest 2.0’s name, Milo (=merciful) Justice.
- Two New AOs starting up soon:
- Boardwalk – Fridays, 6pm @ Hillier Ignite Park in VB; run/ruck focused. Begins January 29.
- Blackwater – Fridays, 5:30am @ Western Branch HIGH School; reruns of old Iron Pax Challenge workouts. Begins February 5.
- Patriot Challenge is coming up in February. Register here and see the FB group for more details.
- February Quad P is open, see link below. Keep track of your miles in February in conjunction with Patriot Challenge. Activities include running, walking, biking, etc.